Parent Support Group (PSG)
- Formed in January 2003, we work closely with the school towards the common goal of helping each child to achieve their best by providing a holistic education to the students.
- We are a group of parents who have children studying in different levels in Yishun Town Secondary School and we come from different ethnic groups.
- We meet regularly through formal and informal settings to share ideas and suggestions and discuss our concerns on educational issues.
- Our activities are aligned to the school’s programmes and calendar of events.
- We provide an invaluable avenue for two-way communication between the school and the parents.
- We strongly support the Positive Parenting Programme for parents.
We endeavour to add value to the school by ensuring that there is a strong home school link.
To be a dynamic, fully-engaged and expanding community of parents committed to make the school an excelling school.
- Be a STAR parent:
- Support the school and communicate with the teachers
- Talk to my child
- Affirm my child and the teachers
- Build good Relationship with my child and be a Role model
- Promote parental involvement in the school’s programmes by raising awareness of school events and activities to parents.
- Encourage parents to share their expertise and resources for the benefit of the school.
- Foster a strong home-school link.
- Provide a feedback channel for the school.
Our PSG Executive Committee 2023
Our HIGHLIGHTED ACTIVITIES
- Interaction with Sec 1 parents during CCA Bazaar
- Engagement Sessions with Principal and teachers
- Celebrate CNY, Speech Day and NDP with school
- Participate in YT Fiesta
- Prepare traditional games and snacks for students to celebrate Racial Harmony Day
- Support Sec 4&5 students during subject day and night study sessions
- Organize bonding activities and coffee talks for PSG members
Positive Parenting Programme
In order to support parents in building a healthy relationship with their child, our school embarks on the Positive Parenting Programme (Triple P) from this year. This programme is supported by Ministry of Social and Family Development and it is now used in 17 countries worldwide.
Triple P helps our students’ parents:
- Create a stable, supportive, harmonious family environment
- Teach their children the skills they need to get along with others
- Deal positively, consistently and decisively with problem behaviour should it arise
- Encourage behaviour they like
- Develop realistic expectations of their children and themselves
- Take care of themselves as parents
All Sec 1 to Sec 5 parents are eligible to participate in this programme. The information is sent out via Parent Gateway at certain points of every year.
37th Speech Day Celebration
PSG EXCO Members’ Meet Up Session in June
Supporting Sec 4&5 Night Study
End Of Year PSG Meet Up Session in Nov
Other useful information for parents
MOE will be rolling out a series of engagement sessions titled “A World Beyond School”. These sessions comprise dialogues and conversations where parents, educators and students can gain insights on the diverse work realities and be enriched by learning experiences beyond schools. We have attached the schedule of upcoming sessions, and details of each session will be shared on MOE platforms closer to the dates.
In addition, MOE have collated the highlights from the session into a video. We seek your support to share the video and schedule of upcoming “A World Beyond School” sessions with other parents in our PSG and networks.
Parent Support Group
c/o Yishun Town Secondary School
6 Yishun Street 21 Singapore 768610
Tel: 6852 2126
Teacher-In-Charge of PSG
Mdm Zhang Jinjuan
Mdm Surekha Kumari Sachdev
Chairperson of PSG