The YT2026 Plan
A Community of Leaders | A Fraternity of Professionals | A School of Distinction
Mission: Transform Hearts and Minds, Nurturing Future-Ready Leaders of Character and Distinction
1. The YT2026 plan will guide Yishun Town Secondary School from 2022 to 2026. It outlines the growth priorities and defines how success will look like for us, by the time we reach our 40th anniversary since the founding in 1986.
2. We plan to deliver strong students, staff and organisation outcomes through transforming the cultures of active learning, care and excellence. YTSS already has strong foundations, programmes and staff. The next bound of progress will be determined by how successful we are in transforming our culture, as it will influence the tone of our interaction, collective will, level of commitment, and eventually, the quality of outcomes.
3. What do we hope to achieve by building and transforming these three cultures
- Through the culture of active learning, we will develop lifelong learners and passionate educators;
- Through the culture of care, we will shape characters and build the growth mindset;
- Through the culture of excellence, we will create peaks and explores the frontiers that caters to diverse aspirations.
4. While the heart of the vision is the YTzen, our staff is part of our revised school vision. We will place greater emphasis to further staff’s personal and professional growth, and holistic well-being. Eventually, we should tap on their innovation and creativity in various aspects of school improvement
5. YTSS will develop our organisational capabilities to thrive in the evolving landscape. We will tap our heritage and grow our networks to augment our resources and opportunities. At our next milestone, we would want us to become a flourishing school where all can thrive, yet leaving no child behind.